Monday, January 27, 2020

Introducing Deb - She's Making Her Dream Come True

I would like to introduce you to Deb. She and I are very similar in some ways. Deb has decided to make her own dream of living in the country true. She took the huge first step and has purchased her own piece of land.

The country road approaching her land

Congratulations Deb on taking that step! And congratulations on finding such a glorious piece of Almost Heaven, West Virginia!

This weekend I spent time at The Shack. On Saturday I went by Deb's land. I am thrilled for her. Absolutely thrilled. She and I "met" on social media. On Twitter. Someone had asked a question like "If money were no object...." and my answer was something like "Build The Shack and buy the adjacent lot". Deb commented to me that she's been looking at land in West Virginia, from east to west and some places further south. She definitely has actively house-hunted for longer than I had and in many more parts of the state. Coincidentally, she had looked in the same area that The Shack is located. Deb was serious about choosing the place of her dreams. For both of us, that dream includes being more rural than our current urban/suburban locations. For both of us, that includes a place that allows chickens and is large enough for a garden.

Anyway, as usual, I've rambled. 

Saturday I went to see her land. She gave me the tour and it was breath-taking. I'm so happy for her.  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.


The existing hint of a driveway.
Note: the photo does not adequately show the steep incline.
Up the steep "driveway" and down the hill is a hidden pond.
A wonderful, glorious pond!


I instantly fell in love with the pond.
Deb and her pond.
Neither of us know why this rock looks like this.
But it is interesting.
Back down the hill where holes are being dug for the gate.


Digging holes on ridges in WV feels (to me) like trying to widen
the grand canyon using a teaspoon. It's not easy. Fortunately, her cousin is
helping her get things started.
Deb's country road.

This piece of land is amazing. I look forward to watching her progress in turning this bare land into the home of her dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Dawn, Congratulations to Deb. and, you're right those picture do speak for themselves. We drive through West Virginia every time we visit Fran's sister in SC. I think of the five states we travel through on our tip WV is the most beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Sam. I agree, WV is a beautiful state to drive through. Many times I have a hard time keeping my eyes on the road!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Deb,I know you will love it there. I wish you the best of luck.Go girl, be happy .You can do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and comment. I agree, if anyone can do this, it's Deb!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the good wishes! Dawn is an amazing soul. It was her inspiration that gave me the final bit of courage I needed to take the leap and become a land owner. So happy to be able to know this super cool lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw Deb, you are too kind. I am so happy to have met you also.

      Delete