Saturday, October 7, 2017

The Carroll County Farm Fresh Store

Visiting Carroll County Farm Fresh.
I recently found a local fresh food treasure that is worth writing about. In my search for Pawpaws, I received information about a store that carried them. I immediately entered the address into my phone's map app and high-tailed it to Carroll County Farm Fresh. Not only did I find Pawpaws, I found a treasure trove of organic vegetables, fruits, meats, eggs, and milk. I also found the best customer service I've experienced in a very long time. It is refreshing to find someone who is working with passion about their product.

Carroll County Farm Fresh, Maryland


I cannot confirm if the store is located in Eldersburg or Sykesville, Maryland. My map app, road signs, and subsequently the internet seemed to use the town names almost interchangeably. And I'm not familiar enough with the area to know where one town ends and the other begins. Despite not being very familiar with the area, the store was incredibly easy to find.

I do know that the address is clearly: 2808 Liberty Road. The store was easy to access at the corner of Oakland Mills Road and Liberty Road. A turn at the light from Liberty onto Oakland Mills and an immediate turn into the roomy parking lot. 



Andrew greeted me with happy helpfulness and without hovering or high-pressure sales techniques. He did offer a complimentary fresh-squeezed orange juice. The orange juice was delicious.

I was thrilled to find that they did indeed have pawpaws. HUGE Shenandoah pawpaws from Deep Run Orchard. Woohoo! That made my day. After all, I've become a huge pawpaw fan since my first pawpaw taste test.


Pawpaws and fresh-baked Pawpaw Bread

Other customers came and went as I decided I had to take some photos to share with my readers. 

Andrew explained that this is their family business. And many of their items come from small local farms and businesses. For more information you can find Carroll County Farm Fresh on their website and on their facebook page.

I wish I had taken notes on the variety of products and farm names. Just a few of the other farm names and items I noted were:

  • Baugher's (apple cider)
  • [be] essential (goatsmilk and vegan soaps)
  • Cherry Glen (goat cheese)
  • Deep Run Farms (pawpaws and tomatoes)
  • Serene Lavender Farms (jams and teas)
  • Thelma's Homestead (goatsmilk soaps)
  • Whispering Breeze Farm (cow cheese)



Once Upon A Crumb


There are also baked goods available. If you know me, you can imagine how ecstatic I was to find loaves of fresh-baked Pawpaw bread. Of course I bought one. It was divine! It was a fresh, rich, cinnamon bread (reminded me of a coffee cake) full of pawpaw flavor. 

The breads were baked by Once Upon A Crumb. If you liked fresh baked goods, you MUST try one of their items. 

If you want fresh organic fruits and vegetables, meats raised on small local farms, fresh milk and eggs without the increased preservatives the stores are boasting about ("fresher longer" ads), and variety of other products and customer service, you would be glad to visit Carroll County Farm Fresh.  The store was clean, fresh, and I really wanted to purchase one of each item. 

Words are not adequate so I will just end with a few of the photos I snapped. 












5 comments:

  1. WOW! Nice place, and I'd probably spend all I had while I was there. It's really good to run across a place like this, with fresh vegetables and other products that aren't somehow altered before selling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn Rae, I sure wish this 'farm fresh' store were near me. It sounds outstanding. Love fresh products and locally grown produce, and most especially farm fresh eggs.

    Next you will have to do a story about the bakery products from "Once Upon a Crumb". LOVE that name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have locally grown fruit in my area! We used to have a farmers market that was wonderful, but it has died out. That is a real shame for us. Carroll County Farm Fresh sounds like a wonderful place! I am quite envious. I sure wish they were close enough for me to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love small family farms like this. We have one in Templeton I used to visit often when we still lived a mile from it. Regular customers can often pick their own produce when it's in season. I have picked both apples and tomatoes. I haven't been able to get there as often since we moved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find. I also love the idea of keeping small family businesses going. Good find, next time I'm in Maryland I will have to look for them.

    ReplyDelete