Monday, February 15, 2016

This View

I wonder if I will ever grow tired of this view.  I know, the property is still very new to me. A novelty, almost.  But I truly believe that I will never grow tired of this view.

This photo was taken from the back "deck" of The Shack during one of my first full weekend visits there.  I spent the weekend cleaning the stove pipe, gathering wood, and murdering the invasive vines that are pulling down my trees. 

My trees.  Not someone else's trees. My. Trees. 

I daydream constantly about the best way to turn this into my retirement homestead with as little debt as possible.  I study about chickens, and rabbits, and goats.  I knew as soon as I set foot on the property that it was where I wanted to be.  Now it's just a matter of getting myself up there.

Speaking of view, this is the view on the other side of the road.  I'll know why my chickens will cross the road. To see the view on the other side.

Heaven.




3 comments:

  1. You won't tire of the view, I can assure you of that. It becomes a part of you and shapes your interior landscape. A place that captures your imagination like this homestead has will be significant in your becoming who you always wanted to be. Something to celebrate every day. This is what contentment and gratitude looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't think you will ever tire of that view. It is beautiful. Plus, nature has a way of changing moment by moment. Just watching the sky can be mesmerizing and tranquilizing as God paints His magnificent visions that we can only attempt to copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn Rae, you sound very happy both with your new chosen 'view' and with your little shack hideaway. May the future soon hold the promise of having your retirement homestead a part of your everyday life.

    ReplyDelete