Sunday, October 23, 2016

Baking Bread on Sunday

What a wonderful day.I spent this autumn Sunday catching up on neglected paperwork and chores. I also spent it baking bread.  This delicious bread recipe by Alexandra's Kitchen is easy enough for me to bake successfully each time I try it. My kitchen smells of homemade bread. I feel obligated to pass it on to you.


6 Ingredient Recipe


This Peasant Bread recipe only requires 6 ingredients that (except for the yeast) even I keep on hand.

  • flour
  • salt
  • yeast
  • water
  • sugar
  • butter
I cannot claim any part of creating this wonderful recipe but I can lead you to Alexandra's Kitchen. Not only can you find this wonderful Peasant bread recipe there, she also provides photographs and videos that lead you step-by-step through the process. Including how to proof the yeast.

Someone, namely me, is thrilled to have these step-by-step baking tutorials at my fingertips. You may find the site as helpful as I do. And if you are at all inclined to bake easy bread, you may find this recipe as wonderful as I do.

Additional Recipe Sites


There are many healthy, easy, and fun recipes on Review This! A group of contributors provide a variety of recipes and food fun. You will also find kitchen gadget reviews and cooking tips.

Recipes For Real People provides recipes for those of us who need easy recipes with fewer and easy-to-find ingredients. I have been thankful for these quick and easy meal ideas.

Culinary Favorites from A - Z is a site that provides recipes, cookbook reviews, and introduces us to top-rated kitchen tools.

If you plan on Cooking for the Holidays, this site is for you. Holiday and celebration recipes and ideas, festive drinks, and holiday table settings are the focus of this site. 

At Sam's Place you will find a variety of things that Sam enjoys. Including delicious recipes. Some of the recipes he shares are family recipes passed down to Sam and then to us. I have to say, however, I'm partial to his grilling recipes.


The opening photo design is created courtesy of FotoJet using my own photograph of today's Peasant Bread



5 comments:

  1. What lovely loaves of bread! You made it sound so easy to bake them too. I think I shall try the recipe myself. Actually, my husband enjoys baking bread. I think I shall give him the bowls and recipe as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to have sites we can refer to who furnish us with delicious recipes to make. Your bread looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I can almost smell the peasant bread. We'd love that at our house. Great timing, too, with soup-making season bearing down upon us. Thanks for sharing the recipe and the additional wonderful recipe sites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bread looks wonderful and so easy to make. I'll have to give this one try for sure. Thanks Dawn so much for including me in your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a very long time since I've baked bread, but I think I will have to make it again for Christmas Eve if we visit our friend who really loves it. I do miss the smell of bread baking, but we really aren't supposed to eat much bread anymore. If I bake it, the temptation to eat more than we should is just too great.

    ReplyDelete