Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wordless Wednesday: Perspective

Willy


“The only creatures that are evolved enough to convey pure love are dogs and infants.” 
― Johnny Depp




Day after day my little dog, Willy, gives me the gift of unconditional love. I am glad that my mother instilled in me a love of animals and a desire to surround myself with four-legged family members. No one loves as deeply as a beloved pet; especially dogs.  As Willy looks deep into my eyes, I find myself wondering just exactly who takes care of who.



Recommended reading for dog lovers:

Single Handed by Lorettea Wade


Single Handed: the story of Keith Maze and His Dog Wishbone is a tale of love, struggle, loss, and triumph.  Wishbone is an energetic, to the point of being a nuisance, Jack Russell who fetches, plays, and loves with a tenacity that every human should try to emulate. I almost chose to not purchase the book due to the prologue.  But the story about Keith and his "yard clowns" is a page turner.  If you have ever loved a Jack Russell or Feist of any kind, or want to peek into the life of working country dogs, you will especially love this tale.

Devoted by Rebecca Ascher-Walsh
Devoted: 38 Extraordinary Tales of Loves, Loyalty, and Love with Dogs is a heart-warming and uplifting compilation of short dog stories. The stories of rescues (both of dog and of human lives) are complete with beautiful photographs of the dogs and the owners.  While I read nearly all of my books on a Kindle paperwhite, this is a book that I have ordered in book edition so that I can fully enjoy the photographs.



Linked to Blogpaws WW Blog Hop


Written by Dawn Rae - Photograph of Willy by Dawn Rae. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: In affiliation with Amazon.com, Dawn Rae is a content writer who may earn compensation from the sale of Amazon products. 

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reading recommendations. I could look into my dogs' eyes for days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit and comment. There is just something about a dogs gaze.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you, I would love to know what is on a dog's mind when it just stands and looks at me. Valentino does it all the time and I always wonder.

    I have never known a love like that of my dog Tidbit, all of them, but especially with her. And no doubt my dogs take as good of care of me as I do them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my Bruce so much but so thankful that I still have Maggie to look at me in this way. I think when she does she's saying come on figure out what I'm thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our pups Missy & Buzz are definitely taking care of Mommy & Daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all look like great book recommendations! Btw, there has never been any question around here; we take care of each other.

    ReplyDelete